Mr. Christopher M. Meyer ‘80 serves as the Associate Vice President for Safety and Security. In this role he is responsible for coordination and management of safety issues facing campus.
Meyer serves as the chair of the Task Force on Campus Emergencies and chair of the Infectious Disease Response Team. He serves as a member of the following committees:
- Task Force on Campus Emergencies
- ADA Committee
- Brazos Valley Wide Area Communication System (BVWACS) Operating Board
- Radiological and Safety Committee (ex-officio member)
- Infectious Disease Response Team
- Clery Reporting Committee
- Compliance Committee
- Sustainability and Environmental Management Committee.
He holds both a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in nuclear engineering from Texas A&M University.
Previously he served as the director of the Environmental Health and Safety Department and as the university’s radiation safety officer in the Office of Radiological Safety. Prior to joining Texas A&M University, Meyer was the system sales engineer for Eberline Instrument Corporation and a health physicist for Texas Utilities Comanche Peak Steam Electric Station.
Meyer enjoys fishing, golfing, soccer and Aggie sports.